Meeting of AC&Y/A&BB Module Builders?

An open forum to discuss all aspects of a “Free-mo” modular layout of the Akron Canton & Youngstown Railroad.
Free-mo Tim

Meeting of AC&Y/A&BB Module Builders?

Postby Free-mo Tim » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am

Good evening all,

Is there any interest in getting together to discuss modules? Would we be able to meet at the "Archives"?

Thanks for your interest in this facet of the group!

Tim Moran
Akron, OH

Peacock
Site Admin

Re: Meeting of AC&Y/A&BB Module Builders?

Postby Peacock » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Guy's I have some evenings available the Feb 24 - March 1. Let me know and I'll setup a conference room at the Archive.

Free-mo Tim

Postby Free-mo Tim » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Peacock wrote:Guy's I have some evenings available the Feb 24 - March 1. Let me know and I'll setup a conference room at the Archive.

How about Friday, March 1st. 7PM sound about right?

Tim

Peacock
Site Admin

Postby Peacock » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Friday, March 1st @ 7:00PM at the Archive it is.

mattwoods

Postby mattwoods » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 am

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend the meeting on Friday, March 1st, due to a prior out of state commitment. I applaud your interest in coming together to discuss the project. I would be interested in hearing what is discussed.

Free-mo Tim

Postby Free-mo Tim » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 pm

mattwoods wrote:Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend the meeting on Friday, March 1st, due to a prior out of state commitment. I applaud your interest in coming together to discuss the project. I would be interested in hearing what is discussed.

Here's a synopsis of the meeting,

Robert and I met at the Archive and I was shown the Akron and Barberton Belt track diagram box. WOW!!!

While looking at the A&BB info, we talked about the "natural fit" of this society and model railroaders. In my (not so) humble opinion, the A&BB line is begging to become a group of modules to be built and operated on. Same with the Silver Street area on the AC&Y and other locales. I'd love to go back to the Archives again and finish going through the A&BB stuff. I've made changes to my Beaver Street module this weekend to better reflect the actual right of way based on what I learned on Friday night.

So, where do you fellow members want to begin?

I am offering an open invitation to all modelers in this group to come and run some trains at the next Free-mo event. Currently scheduled for the weekend of April 20-21 at Lodi Outlet mall. We are planning both "free running" and operating sessions that weekend. Come meet the people that participate in Free-mo locally and see if we are a "fit" for your interests. Please let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.

Also mentioned to Robert that the room the Archive is housed in would be a great space to have a Society module set up.....does that interest anyone else?

Please comment on this discussion.

Respectfully,
Tim Moran

Free-mo Tim

Re: Module Builders - Reminder about Free-mo event

Postby Free-mo Tim » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 am

Free-mo Tim wrote: I am offering an open invitation to all modelers in this group to come and run some trains at the next Free-mo event. Currently scheduled for the weekend of April 20-21 at Lodi Outlet mall. We are planning both "free running" and operating sessions that weekend. Come meet the people that participate in Free-mo locally and see if we are a "fit" for your interests. Please let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.
Respectfully,
Tim Moran

Good morning,

Next weekend (April 20-21) there will be a Free-mo display layout operating at the Lodi outlet mall. Space 175. We will be open on Saturday from 10AM until 6PM and from 10AM until 4PM on Sunday. There will be modules from 3 states and 5 members attending. The layout measures about 45ft by 30 ft. The modules will range from "veterans" to "first timers". There are plans to have operating sessions on both days. Would love to have the module builders (and any other group members) stop by and say "HI"and see what can be achieved.

Hope to see next weekend!

Tim Moran

Return to “AC&Y Modular Layout”