Article Suggestion

An open forum to provide member/reader feedback on the AC&YHS News Magazine. Also, a place to discuss new articles for publication.
LKandO

Article Suggestion

Postby LKandO » Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 pm

This may be a self-serving request but here goes anyway.

It would be nice to see an article featuring Brittain Yard in detail. Track plan, track assignments, typical operations, oddities, service area, etc. As a modeler it would be of great help.

Luke
Forum Moderator

Re: Article Suggestion

Postby Luke » Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Alan,
A comprehensive multi-part feature covering AC&Y's Brittain yard has been planned for some time. There is sufficient content including blueprint drawings and terrific photos. I would expect to see Brittain Yard - Part I sometime in 2013. Bob

LKandO

Postby LKandO » Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Bob,

Music to my ears! I'll be watching the mailbox.

pslota

Postby pslota » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 am

I guess I had overlooked this post, but I too am awaiting your article Bob. I am laying track to other parts of my layout but leaving Brittain Yard (I am doing engine servicing area but not "yard") until I better understand function/operation.

Also, the other end...Delphos. While the Model Railroader article was helpful, it was from the perspective of the NKP/PRR. An AC&Y operations/interchange article would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, thank you Bob for all your valuable work.

Malcolmcelyn

Postby Malcolmcelyn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:08 am

Also, the other end...Delphos. While the Model Railroader article was helpful, it was from the perspective of the NKP/PRR.

Sorry to drag up an old post, but can anyone remember the article? What was it about? More importantly, does anyone remember which issue?

West End

Postby West End » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 am

Looks Like I better get going on an article on Delphos. Maybe how to incorporate operations into a model railroad? Delphos operations on the AC&Y were pretty simple.

Malcolmcelyn

Postby Malcolmcelyn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 am

West End wrote:Looks Like I better get going on an article on Delphos. Maybe how to incorporate operations into a model railroad? Delphos operations on the AC&Y were pretty simple.

Yep, you got it! Get writing! Lol
Couldn't ask for more. I'm still in the early stages of research, so absolutely anything is valuable.
Thanks WestEnd!

Free-mo Tim

Postby Free-mo Tim » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Malcolmcelyn wrote:Also, the other end...Delphos. While the Model Railroader article was helpful, it was from the perspective of the NKP/PRR.

Sorry to drag up an old post, but can anyone remember the article? What was it about? More importantly, does anyone remember which issue?

The magazine referred to was Model Railroad Planning 2009. Hope that helps somewhat.

Tim

Malcolmcelyn

Postby Malcolmcelyn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks Tim. Will look for a copy.

Return to “AC&Y Railroad Historical Society News Magazine”