Saving AC&Y F-M Diesel #505

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the AC&Y's Diesel Locomotives.
Luke
Forum Moderator

Saving AC&Y F-M Diesel #505

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:27 am

Posted on the Railway Preservation website by Cameron Wolk... as info: I've come to the interest of preserving the AC&Y's last remnant locomotive, AC&Y 505 as time meets its match. Understanding it is the only AC&Y FM to survive let alone one of the only H20-44s in the world it is quite a rarity in the time of today. It is currently awaiting sale at the Galveston RR museum where the director Morris Gould has assured it will not be cut up and will be kept in the collection till a good home is found for it. As some of you may know the unit has corroded traction motors from Hurricane Rita making the unit currently inoperable at least in a moving perspective. I plan to purchase and restore this historic locomotive here in New York / Pennsylvania as a PRR H20-44 where there are better chances for operation and preservation. If anyone is interested in helping out with the process let alone starting a committee to preserve the 505 please contact me as soon as you can so we can organize a plan. Cameron Wolk: 516-350-2166 camwolk@gmail.com
Attachments
AC&Y 505.jpg
Photo from Railway Preservation
AC&Y 505.jpg (193.33 KiB) Viewed 5013 times

LKandO

Re: Saving AC&Y F-M Diesel #505

Postby LKandO » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am

https://fundly.com/saving-ac-y-505

From Cameron Wolk

AC&Y 505 is the last diesel locomotive of the Akron Canton & Youngstown Railroad. If we could bring back just one memory of it back to life then history may find peace with its faithful observers.

Return to “AC&Y Diesel Roster”