To commence operations over the newly assigned Northern Ohio Railway in 1920, AC&Y acquired twelve (12) surplus 4-6-0 Class P locomotives from the NKP. Most were rebuilt/modernized by American Ship Building at Elyria. There is, however, an unexplained anomaly... phantom engine No. 306 does not exist in any AC&Y records.... yet here it is, photographically preserved on the Brittain turntable. The air tank stencil reads “Tested September 4, 1920 - ASB”. Another riddle for the ages?
- Courtesy Jay Williams
- ACY #306 - Vollrath - Copy.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 6495 times