O Scale Mather boxcars!

An open forum to discuss all aspects of modeling the Akron Canton & Youngstown Railroad.
Tom Davidson

O Scale Mather boxcars!

Postby Tom Davidson » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Today I went to the annual Eastern Pennsylvania 2 Rail Scale & Hi Rail Show & Swap Meet at the Strasburg Fire Company in Strasburg, Pennsylvania. Lots of O Scalers were present, including Rich Yoder of RY Models, importer of brass scale models in 1:20.3, 1/4", On3, and On30. His products are known for high quality. Rich announced that he has begun development work on a project to import 1/4" = 1'0" brass models of several variants of Mather single sheath boxcars and stock cars. Rich displayed several colorful photos of the Muncie & Western's Mather cars. He told me that he intends to include the tall AC&Y cars, and felt that their longevity (some cars lasting past 1970) made them very desirable cars to produce. Some lower versions are expected to be produced, and it is likely that one or more of these versions may be correct for AC&Y. Additional research needs to be done on various items such as the numerous roof variations, so production can't be started until that info is in hand. Rich would appreciate whatever you and I and the rest of the Society can provide. He says he posted an announcement on his web site yesterday, but will update that info soon.
http://www.richyodermodels.com
richyoder@richyodermodels.com

Tom

Tom Davidson

Re: O Scale Mather boxcars!

Postby Tom Davidson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:03 pm

If you contact Rich Yoder about this project, please tell him this is where you learned about the O scale Mather cars, and tell him you're an AC&YHS member.

Thanks.
Tom

Return to “AC&Y Modeling”