I filled all the holes from removed parts with squadron putty. I sanded everything smooth. All the parts I used to detail the engine are available from Cal-scale, and Precision Scale with one exception. The class M and M1 engines had a unique Sellers boiler top check valve. It is not commercially available so I had to make one. I used two Cal-Scale standard Nathan checkvalves soldered to a Cal-Scale Nathan top mount checkvalve. It doesn't look 100% right but it is close. The three main reservoir tanks are Precision Scale parts, cut to length and filled with lead shot. I added the airlines from the cab to the reservoir tanks and the air pump to the reservoir tanks using .020 wire.
I still need to do some work on the tender, such as a better ladder on the back, a modified coal bunker, re-railing frogs, etc. The cab roof needs some attention as well. I have already removed the cinder deflector off the rear of the roof and will remove the roof vents and add the correct one.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest