An open forum to discuss all aspects of modeling the Akron Canton & Youngstown Railroad.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Here are a few examples of freight cars and cabooses, most "off-the-shelf", lettered with our Society decal sets. Larger photo (files) added to enhance viewing.
- Detailed MDC wood caboose
- P1040814.JPG (167.46 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
- AC&Y soda ash C/H with National B-1 roller bearing trucks
- ACY 518.jpg (207.68 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
- Detailed Tichy USRA twin hoppers
- P1030537.JPG (185.67 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
Last edited by Luke on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bob, I have three of the MDC cabooses that I have upgraded and detailed that need decals. Which decal set did you use for your caboose? The upgrading and detailing of the cabooses would make a good article. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Matt, Believe the "AKRON CANTON & YOUNGSTOWN" road name lettering came from either the steam decal set or the D-1/D-2 set. If I recall, the road name dimensions were the same for both applications, which makes sense. AC&Y shop forces simply reused the steam stencil to letter the new diesels. A modeling article on the wood cabooses would be well received as would a feature on your excellent Class M 2-8-0 weathering. REL