Rubber City Rails videos/DVDs

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the Akron Canton & Youngstown Railroad
Free-mo Tim

Rubber City Rails videos/DVDs

Postby Free-mo Tim » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

I have watched the Rubber City Rails volume 1 and enjoyed it. Volume 2 touts Akron and Barberton Belt line cab ride footage. Has anyone seen this video (DVD?)? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Tim Moran

DanO

Re: Rubber City Rails videos/DVDs

Postby DanO » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Are these still available in DVD? If so from whom?

Peacock
Site Admin

Postby Peacock » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Rubber City Rails was a four series DVD set made around 2009 by Revelation Video, Inc. It appears that his website is gone. Not sure if they are still available or not. Others can chime in if they know whether the DVDs are still available or if Revelation Video, Inc. is still in business.

Free-mo Tim

Postby Free-mo Tim » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Peacock wrote:Rubber City Rails was a four series DVD set made around 2009 by Revelation Video, Inc. It appears that his website is gone. Not sure if they are still available or not. Others can chime in if they know whether the DVDs are still available or if Revelation Video, Inc. is still in business.

His website does seem to be gone. However, I was able find a phone number by searching for "Revelation Video" and "Tallmadge" in my search window. I called and talked to the owner and he's still in business. He does travel a bit so getting in touch might be dodgy from time to time.

Hope this helps!

Tim

ABB1501

Postby ABB1501 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:57 pm

I have all four volumes and recommend all of them. There is a cab ride on the ABB over what has been taken out to East Akron. Volumes 2 & 3 has W&LE over the AC&Y and Volume 1 shows MoW workers from the 1950s. Volume 3 has an ABb cab ride also but over the CR(El) to Rittman. I recommend all of them. The man selling them is usually at Akron Railroad Club meatings and at local train shows.

Return to “Akron Canton & Youngstown Railroad Discussions”