ACY HS NEWS

An open forum to provide member/reader feedback on the AC&YHS News Magazine. Also, a place to discuss new articles for publication.
wadegriffis

ACY HS NEWS

Postby wadegriffis » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Hope you have all gotten your Vol XVII number 3 and 4 by now. I was very glad to receive them. The carbon black issue was really valuable.
Did you notice the bottom back page picture. It is a picture of the prototype of Athearn's carbon black car. I had always thought that scheme was one Irv
cooked up to have a carbon car. Had never seen one on any of the freight car sites. SHPX 46121 was built during Feb or March 1965 according to Eric
Neubauer's book on carbon black cars. The herald and the basic United Carbon Company lettering are correct, but the car Athearn used is way too big.
Anyway I feel better about having operated it on my layout all these years. Always thought it wasn't a real car.

LKandO

Re: ACY HS NEWS

Postby LKandO » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:29 am

Received 3 & 4. If I understand the letter correctly, these will be the last issues. Really am going to miss having them arrive in my mailbox.

Peacock
Site Admin

Re: ACY HS NEWS

Postby Peacock » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:38 am

LKandO wrote:Received 3 & 4. If I understand the letter correctly, these will be the last issues. Really am going to miss having them arrive in my mailbox.

Yes, these two issues are the last printed issues that will be mailed. Articles will continue, but they will be posted on the AC&YHS website. This will also give us a chance to post older out of print articles too. We will be soliciting authors for future articles also. Stay tuned!!! :D

Return to “AC&Y Railroad Historical Society News Magazine”