Blue Goose Model - Indication of Interest

List your AC&Y items for sale here.
Luke
Forum Moderator

Blue Goose Model - Indication of Interest

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:49 am

Stan Rydarowicz and I have been working to produce an HO scale model of AC&Y's Business Car #23. Affectionately nicknamed “the Blue Goose,” sleek and splendid business observation car No. 23 was the pride and joy of the AC&Y, a genuine symbol of the road’s prosperity! AC&Y records confirm that No. 23 was acquired from the Missouri-Pacific Railroad Co., purchased in September 1958. No. 23 had an exterior length of 77’-5", an inside length of 67'-0" and inside width of 9'-0". She road on 6-wheel Commonwealth bolted pedestal trucks and weighed in at an impressive 183,300 pounds. Supported by steel under frame, the upper superstructure was a combination of wood with steel reinforcement. The observation platform had railings and gates. The interior layout included three staterooms, a dining room, kitchen and porter’s compartment. The sleeping capacity was nine (9) persons. The car was sold in July 1965.

This will be a very limited edition kit (6 kits total) featuring correct roof, side window/door profile, trucks and other features. The price range is $60-70 per kit. Those who have interest contact me at my email address: RobertELucas@MSN.com. Kits should be available late 2015. REL

Luke
Forum Moderator

Re: Blue Goose Model - Indication of Interest

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:57 pm

ac&y #23 - Copy.jpg
ac&y #23 - Copy.jpg (83.9 KiB) Viewed 3221 times

Return to “CLASSIFIEDS ITEMS FOR SALE”